Join now - be part of our community!

Share your experience

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mischof67

Share your experience

I recently placed two threads on the this forum about the availability of genuine Sony accessories within the UK, I accept that those threads put Sony in a bad light, (deservedly so). Sadly, Sony choose not to make any comment about the topic on the forum nor offer any information to where or when stock would be available.

I finally managed to obtain what I was searching for and made an offer to other forum users to pass on information of where a small amount of genuine stock could be found by way of PM, hardly advertising! I offered to do this because someone else may be in the same situation as I was, frustrated with a lack of support and customer service from the manufacturer! I have been advised by people monitoring the forum that my way of 'sharing of information' is not acceptable and breaches the forum rules. As a result my original posts were edited.

I find it sickening that this action was taken by those responsible. I have no involvement in the source of where I eventually found genuine stock in the UK, yet I have been prevented from passing on information and help to another Sony user.

I have been advised that this forum is here to help other Sony users! The reason behind this post is that I am actually sharing my experience! 

I wonder if other users will have posts edited to prevent them passing on information. Think about it, is this all about overall control and where will it end?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi mischof67,

I have restored your posts. We have guidelines in place to stop forum members advertising their own commercial sites, but in this case there was some confusion which led to your posts being edited.

Thanks,

Drew

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi mischof67,

I have restored your posts. We have guidelines in place to stop forum members advertising their own commercial sites, but in this case there was some confusion which led to your posts being edited.

Thanks,

Drew

profile.country.GB.title
mischof67

Thank you!