Join now - be part of our community!

Soligor AR14AFS flash not working with Alpha SLT-A77V

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
DistantMelody

Soligor AR14AFS flash not working with Alpha SLT-A77V

Hello everyone

I just got this flash. I've inserted the batteries, attached it to the camera, selected wireless flash mode, turned the flash on and nothing is happening. Neither of the lights on the flash are switching on. It says in the instructions that the light needs to be on before it will work. I tried taking some photos anyway but the flash did not work. It's strange because it's all new. In the instructions troubleshooting section there are only four reasons listed why the light might not turn on.

1) Orientation of batteries is wrong. It's not. I checked that all the +s are pointing up.

2) Battery compartment lid is not being fully closed. It is closed. I pushed it all the way in.

3) Metal contacts inside compartment are dirty. I would expect a brand new item to be spotless.

4) Batteries are completely exhausted. I only bought the batteries now especially for the flash.

Please help me to solve this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
DistantMelody

Hello Bieomax

Yes it is a ring flash. I have sorted the problem now thank you :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bieomax

i'm struggling to find any product information on this flash, is it a ring flash ?
profile.country.GB.title
DistantMelody

Hello Bieomax

Yes it is a ring flash. I have sorted the problem now thank you :slight_smile:

Bieomax

what was the issue/resolution?
profile.country.GB.title
DistantMelody

It turns out that some of the batteries face up and some face down. I thought they should all face up.

It is strange that there are 3 different model numbers for the ring flash; one on it, another on the box and a third one on the instructions. Like 3 different items. The company help email doesn't work, not that I need it now.

Thank you for wanting to help. It was my mistake.