Join now - be part of our community!

ALL4 Problems with Android TV (KD-43X8305C 2015)

profile.country.GB.title
simonandfelicity

ALL4 Problems with Android TV (KD-43X8305C 2015)

Does anyone else have our problem? Trying to watch All4 programmes through YouView (and outside it) everything loads and plays happily until the first commercial break and then programme skips right back to the start. You can fast forward up to and through the break after, but the same occurs at the next break. Very frustrating. have messaged All4 but no reply - obviously not a problem if watching on a tablet...

(Latest Marshmallow update installed)

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
simonandfelicity

I am the originator of this comment / complaint. If you follow the thread right down onto the YV pages you find the following: Edit - 09/06/17 - This issue has since been resolved so if you experience any other issues with All4 or other players, please create a new thread and we can look into it there as a new issue. This is definitively not the case - in fact my original comment post-dates these edit, and ALL4 is still performing as originally reported (as of 10 mins ago)
profile.country.GB.title
1951jg

Likewise I am still having this problem!!

Tags (1)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

All4 is in the process of updating its app on the YouView platform.  It is believed that this issue will be resolved then.  ETA of the new version of the All4 app is unknown at this stage.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
1951jg

Not very helpful!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@1951jg wrote:

Not very helpful!!

At least it shows that the problem is being addressed.  I cant click my fingers and walah can i?

Edit:

OK, lets clarify something.  I am a customer of Sony just like you.  I am not an employee of Sony or any affiliated company.  I volunteer my time on these forums to help in the best way I can.  I do have contacts within Sony in order to try and pass information on between forum members and Sony and vice versa.  The information I posted in a previous post is ALL the information that I have. 

profile.country.GB.title
1951jg

No you obviously cannot!  Even though the problem has been evident for smetime.  I would reather go back to the previous software version, which I assume is impossible, since the update, in the main was targetted at users with different issues to me.

FYI: I have chronic cervical neuropathic pain plus some other health issues.  This is the reason that I bought the large Sony TV since it is the one thing that I do that 1) helps me relax; watch  the news (I cannot read hard copy of anything including a smart phone or a tablet! +++

So to have bought the one TV at a hugely expensive price, that decreased significantly over the next few months, is irritating me no end especially, as I have told Channel 4, I watch a lot of the Scandi noir, only available through ALL4 on line.

I tried like some others to stop You View then All4 disappears all together.  I hardly watch any ITV.  I even cannot get my local regional news, that I can on my tablet, and is much more relevant to me now given I had to downsize to the South West, Cornwall to be presise.  The last word is something I am incapable of, as is my memory and concentration!

This has taken me 30 minutes to write! on a large flat computer screen that if I use too much also develops severe neck pain and headaches, numbness of the face+++.

I bought Sony rather than Panasonic that I had used for 35 years since Sony was rated much higher!

Thanks for nothing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello thanks for nothing

You are quite welcome. Should you experience any issues, please contact Sony Support :

http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
1951jg

I think that I understood that from a previous post of yours. So I apologise for being so adversarial towards you.

However, in response to another email to Sony direct that provided the same information that you have given me, rather than answering it again they directed me to your post!

Sincere apologies. I am now shattered and feeling quite ill. So I need to stop sorting out my hundreds of problems