Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
Gachuhi
Explorer

I recently did a [Link Removed] on android 6 and discovered that it is among the most common used version 

Note: Edited by Quinnicus to remove link - spam

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Gachuhi wrote:

I recently did a [Link Removed] on android 6 and discovered that it is among the most common used version 

You did it, Mr Spammer, or somebody did it for you, thus compounding the dishonesty?

Note: Edited by Quinnicus to remove link in quote above - spam

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

I have a 2015 TV, that is almost working great now. IF it is updated and then has the same number of issues I had throughtout 2016 I will be a very unhappy person.

Disclaimer.. Already received significant compensation from Sony for issues, but should you  mess it up with updates that havent been properly tested on all models... I'll be looking for a latest generation set that works according to published specification, this might be a Sony or another brand that Sony will have to pay for !!!!

So I don't care how late Sony are with any promised update so long as it actually is an improvement and has been properly tested.

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
profile.country.FR.title
nicogri

It is crazy to see how Sony that is a big tech company well implented in Android world can messed up the support of flagship TVs with a pretty common hardware (and yes some differences)

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Today is release day... not for Sony customers though...

nVIDIA has released Nougat for the Shield TV

Philips has released Marshmallow

doomer87

Kuschelmonschter ha scritto:

Today is release day... not for Sony customers though...

nVIDIA has released Nougat for the Shield TV

Philips has released Marshmallow

and we are stuck to a very bugged Lollilop. That's all, folks!

profile.country.SE.title
joeldeluxe

I'm must agree on this! At the moment I'm really happy with my TV, mostly beacuse of the picture quality. Hopefully Sony will fix the bugs and release 6.0 i EU soon :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
niallmilner
Explorer

I can't wait for this! Getting it in the neck from the rest of the family for buying a TV that, whilst displaying a cracking picture, is so badly flawed in it's execution, all thanks to the software.

Fed up with the laggy response the most on start up.

Though I guess I shouldn't complain too much as since the last firmware update you can at least use the remote once the TV wakes from sleep............

Certainly the promise/hope of an update stops me trying to hand it back.

profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

According to this
http://www.myce.com/news/android-update-bricks-sony-bravia-smart-tvs-81377/
It might be good if Sony is not release Marshmallow yet...
profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

I already stated my case. I am totally satisfied with the 2015 TV. If Sony update it and introduce more issues like when it was new, I'll be really upset and expect compensation not limited to a replacement TV. 

I had such a bad experience when it was new I can't go through that again. 

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.