Join now - be part of our community!

Audio passthrough (DTS-HD MA), KD-65XF9005

profile.country.FI.title
KariFIN
Explorer

Audio passthrough (DTS-HD MA), KD-65XF9005

Hello all,

I purchased a KD-65XF9005 (XF90/X900F) unit few days ago. I also have a Yamaha RV-373 amplifier that is connected to the TV via HDMI ARC connection. Originally only the Dolby Digital passthrough from TV to the amplifier worked but after updating the firmware to 6.6520 the DTS passthrough also started to work. However, still the DTS-HD MA passthrough is not working. I also found this when googling about the issue: https://github.com/CiNcH83/bravia_atv2/issues/57.

Have  anybody else seen this issue? Additionally, is there any info on the upcoming firmware updates and whether this issue will be fixed in them?

Thank you for any info!

Br,

Kari

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

What does it means that it is not working? in order to passthrough lossless audio to a receiver you need eARC that your tv is not supporting. Unless you refer to the compression of DTS HD MA audio that is what your link refers to

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@rooobb 

You should carefully read the linked bug ticket. As of Oreo, all BRAVIAs allow apps to pass DTS-HD to it, either MA or HRA. Obviously you can't pass MA over ARC. DTS-HD tracks however always embed a DTS compatible core which is what the BRAVIA extracts and passes on in case of passthrough over ARC or S/PDIF.

profile.country.GB.title
ricgill0
Explorer

This is interesting I have a KD-65XE93005, a UBP-X800 and a Sony HT-RT5 set up with the ARC passthrough but I have never managed to get the Dolby DTS 5.1 from a blu-ray to work where Dolby Digital 5.1 always did I even made a thread about it earlier this year 

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/sony-xe9305-5-1-surround-pass-through-help/m-p/2560949#M3...

Hopefully with the Oreo update it will now work and I can play all my blu-ray's without using a separate HDMI cable 

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@ricgill0 wrote:

This is interesting I have a KD-65XE93005, a UBP-X800 and a Sony HT-RT5 set up with the ARC passthrough but I have never managed to get the Dolby DTS 5.1 from a blu-ray to work where Dolby Digital 5.1 always did I even made a thread about it earlier this year 

Really? I have a very, very old amplifier with SPDIF and get DD 5.1 and vanilla DTS 5.1 pass through just fine, originally with my XE90 and now with the XG90. Never needed Oreo. Although I think DTS might have been broken in the past and I think it might be broken again on the latest update.

profile.country.FI.title
KariFIN
Explorer

DTS 5.1 works for me but the DTS-HD MA (core) does not. As written above by Kuschelmonschter, the TV should pass through the DTS compatible core of DTS-HD MA but for some reason it does not work in the current firmware.

zefeer
Explorer

I bought las BF the XF9005 and have if not the same a similar problem.

I have the TV connected via HDMI Arc to an Pioneer Receiver... and when i plug an HD with MKV files qith DTS HD Master i only get stereo 2.0 on the receiver... anyone know's why this happens ? Thanks

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You cannot pass through lossless audio via arc.

zefeer
Explorer

OK... so should i use another HDMI port on the TV for audio ?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Simply you can't . You should connect a player directly to an hdmi input in your ht. Or you should buy a tv with eArc