Join now - be part of our community!

Details power on channel

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Jonmillar737

Details power on channel

Hi guys

I’d there a way to make the tv power on straight to you view? It currently always comes on to hdmi1 then I have to manually select “TV”. It would be great if it would start up with You view every time

Cheers Jon 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Jonmillar737 

It’s intended to come on on YouView, and indeed the ability to choose any other default power-on is disabled when you use the YouView UI.

So at a guess, whatever is plugged into HDMI 1 is using CEC (BraviaSync) to switch to itself.

What is connected to HDMI 1?

How are you powering on the TV - with the Sony remote, a multifunction remote like the Harmony, or via another piece of kit?

What happens if you unplug the cable to or from HDMI1, as an experiment, and then power the TV on - does it come up as YouView?

If it is a CEC issue, this can be solved by turning off CEC on one or both devices, but that has other implications that we need to consider, so we need to know what’s plugged in to HDMI 1 to best advise you.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Jonmillar737 

It’s intended to come on on YouView, and indeed the ability to choose any other default power-on is disabled when you use the YouView UI.

So at a guess, whatever is plugged into HDMI 1 is using CEC (BraviaSync) to switch to itself.

What is connected to HDMI 1?

How are you powering on the TV - with the Sony remote, a multifunction remote like the Harmony, or via another piece of kit?

What happens if you unplug the cable to or from HDMI1, as an experiment, and then power the TV on - does it come up as YouView?

If it is a CEC issue, this can be solved by turning off CEC on one or both devices, but that has other implications that we need to consider, so we need to know what’s plugged in to HDMI 1 to best advise you.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Jonmillar737

Thanks for your reply. It was as simple as taking the HDMI cable out of 1 and putting  into 4. Now when I power on the tv it starts with what ever was last selected rather than constantly jumping to hdmi1. 

thanks for your knowledge

Cheers Jon