Join now - be part of our community!

Help to reset tv KDL-55W756C without remote

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Pompom26
Explorer

Help to reset tv KDL-55W756C without remote

Hi. I did a factory reset on my KDL-55W756C and need to go through the set up but am stuck on the welcome page asking what language because my remote has stopped working with the t.v. i have checked batteries,cleaned terminals and checked with my phone camera that it has a beam and it does. Any way to set up the t.v without the remote? Any help would be gratefully recieved,thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Pompom26,

Have tried plugging in a standard wired mouse to any of the USB ports of the TV? You could then advance using the cursor on the screen.

Why not better restart the TV by unplugging the mains, waiting 1 minute and replugging it back again?

Cheers,

Dutchice

EDIT: You might also want to read this article

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Pompom26,

Have tried plugging in a standard wired mouse to any of the USB ports of the TV? You could then advance using the cursor on the screen.

Why not better restart the TV by unplugging the mains, waiting 1 minute and replugging it back again?

Cheers,

Dutchice

EDIT: You might also want to read this article

profile.country.GB.title
Pompom26
Explorer

Hi. Thank you so much it worked a treat! I still can't use the remote do you have a solution for that too?🤔 Many thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Try going through the full article carefully and see if it solves your issue or else hints to what is the cause.