Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia Input Menu

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Sony Bravia Input Menu

Last week I bought a Sony Bravia 55xd8005 hdr und tv,last night I noticed on the input screen a grey band about six inches deep going along the top of the screen,thing is its only on two of the inputs -ps4 and blue Ray and not on any other,they also go when device activated.Is this normal?Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Do you mean the Info banner showing the resolution and the HDMI port like in this thread? Similar to the one we get pressing the "i+" button? If so welcome to the club!! 

Somehow it seems I made it disappearing. If it did, these are the changes most likely reponsible for a possible workaround:

1. Disable ClearAudio+ in the TV's Audio settings
  2. Set Bitstream Dolby (or DTS) in the PS4
  3. Switch the TV language to English, play a bit and then back to my language (Italian in my case).

Regarding 3. I'd like to know if your TV is in English already. 

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Not quite,my issue is a grey bar on the input menu that goes when device is activated,can't be the ps4 as in the other input its fine.

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

After being advised by Sony to do a master reset I have indeed singled it out to the ps4 connection,it only happens when HDR10 is activated on the tv,now I'm confused as to why it's doing this

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you enabled 'Enhanced Format' on the HDMI port?

What are the recommended settings and cables for watching HDR?

Your TV should automatically display HDR compatible content. However, to view HDR pictures at 18 Gbps:

• Use a Premium High Speed HDMI cable for 18 Gbps.
  • Set HDMI signal format to Enhanced format.
    1. Press the HOME button on the remote control.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select External inputs in the TV category.
    4. Select HDMI signal format and set to Enhanced format.*

*This is mandatory to watch HDR content from HDMI devices.

If this is not it, can you post a photo of what you are meaning, as I am not too clear? 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Ok,I have set the enhanced option and was hoping this would fix it but alas it's still there,apologies for the poor pic,I have tried several cables,the current one is a high speed 4k cable.Hopefully you can just see the grey banner on the topIMG_20170719_2321143_rewind.jpg mm

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

strangely it has now 're occurred on the hdmi3 input,been fine all night,now it's back,again apologies for substandard pic,blame my Kindle FireIMG_20170719_2340447_rewind.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

This to me seems like a HDMI cabling issue - I know you have stated you have swapped the cable.  Can you try separating the HDMI cables as far away from the power cables as you can (i.e. dont bundle them up).  Im more thinking of EM interference.

By the way, this bar can be completely disabled if you wish:

[HOME] > Settings > Channel Setup > Info Banner > OFF

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Tried that to,all my cables are loose,and for some reason when I switch settings on the info banner (left on right off) the display on the banner doesn't alter.Should have stayed with my plasma tv.However I do appreciate your help.

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Exactly the same banner displayed off and on.Time for a refund?IMG_20170720_0025339_rewind.jpg