Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia Input Menu

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

Sony Bravia Input Menu

Last week I bought a Sony Bravia 55xd8005 hdr und tv,last night I noticed on the input screen a grey band about six inches deep going along the top of the screen,thing is its only on two of the inputs -ps4 and blue Ray and not on any other,they also go when device activated.Is this normal?Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Mike-J-N wrote:

Not quite,my issue is a grey bar on the input menu that goes when device is activated,can't be the ps4 as in the other input its fine.

Looking at the screenshots it does seem a similar issue to the one I posted, though. Only that you get it constantly. Other people and I just get that same banner randomly for a couple of seconds every few hours. Some even a couple of times per hour. How frequent it is in your case? If you press the "i+" button in the remote does it go away?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mike-J-N wrote:

Exactly the same banner displayed off and on.Time for a refund?IMG_20170720_0025339_rewind.jpg

Your latest photo - I dont suppose your PS4 is connected to an external audio device such as a soundbar or AV Receiver etc via ARC by any chance?  If so, it is most likely that the external audio system cannot pass-through HDR signal and hence the issues - therefore connect the PS4 directly to the TV instead.

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-J-N
Explorer

No,it's plugged directly into hdmi 2,the grey bar only appears when hdr is activated,the reason it shows up on the above pic is that I had previously activated hdr10 on the input that my theatre system was later plugged into,so I know what's causing the grey bar,I just don't know why.