Join now - be part of our community!

V3.865 Update

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

V3.865 Update

Here are my observations concerning the new V3.865 update...

---

USB installation … partly ok (see comments below)

Voice control after installation … ok

DTS Passthrough via AudioTrack API … not ok

2.35:1 stretch in Video app … not ok

USB write permissions … not ok

USB compatibility issue … not ok

USB storage not accessilbe after deep standby ... not ok

Double info OSD when switching favorites via DISCOVER … not ok

Guide channel list always reverting from favorites to full ... not ok

SideView app remote empty app list … not ok (reinstalling the app fixes issue)

The TV doesn't start the update automatically when plugging in the USB pen drive (tested with FAT32 and NTFS). Only Marshmallow's "open with" screen is shown. Only a complete reboot of the TV (power cycle or long power button press) with USB pen drive plugged in made the update start.

The update reverts the digital audio output option to PCM. In order to enable Dolby Passthrough, it might be necessary to set it to one of the auto options again.

Some of my USB pen drives, which worked properly under Lollipop, cannot be accessed under Marshmallow anymore. These are detected as SMI within Android's storage manager.

The Grand Tour on Amazon Video in 4K with Dolby Passthrough suddenly works much better for me. Amazon Video app is still the same version though (4.1.70). But the problem is not completely gone for me. Audio still slowly drifts off. But a single video frame glitch every few seconds seems to resync audio.

For further issues check out my bug tracker.

31 REPLIES 31
gmorgan09
Explorer

Yes, I can't see where it says you couldn't install it....

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

You should probably re-read..

gmorgan09
Explorer

You said "The TV didn’t start the update automatically when plugging in the USB pen drive (tested with FAT32 and NTFS). The TV had to be rebooted with the USB pen drive plugged in. The update started automatically after boot."

This isn't working for me...... That's what I am saying......

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

You probably didnt reboot correctly. You need to do a full reboot (power cycle or long power button press).

or you USB pen drive isnt detected correctly. USB compatibility is also a problem of M.

gmorgan09
Explorer

Will have to find another USB to try then, as I know how to do a power cycle.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I updated the initial posting with new findings. It is now clear that indeed Sony only managed to address installation issues in those 2 months. Those TVs will never run well. I am now sure about that. You pretty much need external devices for DVB or serious app usage.

I am not sure why 4K+Dolby works well for Amazon Video now, despite the app not having received any update. It is for sure only coincidence and will go down again...

Just don't buy that Sony crap!

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Hi Guys,

I have done the update from USB yesterday on my KDL-50W809C, too.

I needed to reboot with USB plugged in for the TV to notice the update.

I had FAT32, 16GB pendrive. I plugged it in the 3. USB slot, not into the HDD slot.

I have red somewhere earlier, that some had issues with the updating if the pendrive was in the HDD slot. Can someone verify that?

I will post my findings in the main Marshmallow thread. So far it seems snappier (I had the previous Marshmallow build too) but noticed a new bug with the notification light. I will need to do some testing after a factory reset on the weekend.

profile.country.GB.title
chomerly

I'd like to recommend that no one downloads and uses this new firmware, unless you don't care about 5Ghz wireless or wireless connectivity at all, until Sony have released a hotfix.

Up until yesterday i had no issues with 5Ghz wireless internet connectivity but then the new firmware dropped and now i can only get internet access via 2.4Ghz on my KD-55XD8577 TV set.

I have created a post about it, which explains more, in the Android TV thread.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Can't confirm this issue on my set. 5GHz has been working well so far with an average datarate of 120mbps.

sony_wifi_5ghz.png

profile.country.GB.title
chomerly

I should have detailed in my post that my issues surrounding 5Ghz is internet access.  I can connect to a 5Ghz network but getting internet access using it just doesn't work.  I have edited my previous post to reflect this.

In response, i do not know the reasons why it is no longer working.  It maybe something specific to my model, but in any case it no longer works as of yesterday where it did before.