Join now - be part of our community!

V3.865 Update

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

V3.865 Update

Here are my observations concerning the new V3.865 update...

---

USB installation … partly ok (see comments below)

Voice control after installation … ok

DTS Passthrough via AudioTrack API … not ok

2.35:1 stretch in Video app … not ok

USB write permissions … not ok

USB compatibility issue … not ok

USB storage not accessilbe after deep standby ... not ok

Double info OSD when switching favorites via DISCOVER … not ok

Guide channel list always reverting from favorites to full ... not ok

SideView app remote empty app list … not ok (reinstalling the app fixes issue)

The TV doesn't start the update automatically when plugging in the USB pen drive (tested with FAT32 and NTFS). Only Marshmallow's "open with" screen is shown. Only a complete reboot of the TV (power cycle or long power button press) with USB pen drive plugged in made the update start.

The update reverts the digital audio output option to PCM. In order to enable Dolby Passthrough, it might be necessary to set it to one of the auto options again.

Some of my USB pen drives, which worked properly under Lollipop, cannot be accessed under Marshmallow anymore. These are detected as SMI within Android's storage manager.

The Grand Tour on Amazon Video in 4K with Dolby Passthrough suddenly works much better for me. Amazon Video app is still the same version though (4.1.70). But the problem is not completely gone for me. Audio still slowly drifts off. But a single video frame glitch every few seconds seems to resync audio.

For further issues check out my bug tracker.

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I have used Netflix and Amazon Video a lot since yesterday. No issues with internet access.

You probably have to do a factory reset...

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@chomerly wrote:

I should have detailed in my post that my issues surrounding 5Ghz is internet access.  I can connect to a 5Ghz network but getting internet access using it just doesn't work.  I have edited my previous post to reflect this.

In response, i do not know the reasons why it is no longer working.  It maybe something specific to my model, but in any case it no longer works as of yesterday where it did before.

I had very similar issues with my XD80. It turned out that when the WIFi Direct is enabled the Internet access via WIFi disappears, although  the tv is connected to the WIFi AP. Also none of the DLNA servers in the LAN are visible anymore.  Try turning it off if it is enabled and see if that fixes it. 

If you wonder how it turned on, I've seen it gets enabled automatically when mirroring the screen. Indeed I was testing one thing mirroring my phone recently, and i discovered (with my suprise and fear) soon after that the Internet was down again. So I checked the WIFi Direct and it went on indeed. Disabled it all connections were fine again.

profile.country.GB.title
chomerly

I'd read somewhere that this could have an effect and disabled it after i had performed a factory reset of both my television and router.  It hasn't solved anything for me so i am now waiting on support from Sony to see if i can get some sort of resolution to this matter.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

It hasn't solved anything for me so i am now waiting on support from Sony to see if i can get some sort of resolution to this matter.

They will only tell you to do a factory reset. They know nothing...

profile.country.GB.title
chomerly

I'm expecting that.  If i don't get a resolution to this then the thing will be going back to the store to get sorted.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Do it as long as you still have the chance...

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Kuschelmonschter wrote:

The TV doesn't start the update automatically when plugging in the USB pen drive (tested with FAT32 and NTFS). Only Marshmallow's "open with" screen is shown. Only a complete reboot of the TV (power cycle or long power button press) with USB pen drive plugged in made the update start.

The update reverts the digital audio output option to PCM. In order to enable Dolby Passthrough, it might be necessary to set it to one of the auto options again.

Mine W75C picked up update file in port 1 just as always, didn't need to reboot it.

And mine digital out didn't change to PCM.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

Its always worth bothering.  Sony doesnt do full changelogs so it might solve XX issue of which we werent even aware of.  But it is more for those that arnt on Marshmallow yet.

It depends what do you expect from it. I don't care much about EPG, favourites and stuff since DVB-T channels here are crap, maybe 5 of them are worth to be tuned at all.

But not being able to write on my own disk on my own TV with NEWER version of SW is a big let down.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Mine W75C picked up update file in port 1 just as always, didn't need to reboot it.

And mine digital out didn't change to PCM.

Those TVs are just totally out of control. No deterministic behavior at all...

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Kuschelmonschter

yeah...... It seems so. No wonder that they can't hunt down any bugs since every TV has its own personality.