Join now - be part of our community!

V3.865 Update

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

V3.865 Update

Here are my observations concerning the new V3.865 update...

---

USB installation … partly ok (see comments below)

Voice control after installation … ok

DTS Passthrough via AudioTrack API … not ok

2.35:1 stretch in Video app … not ok

USB write permissions … not ok

USB compatibility issue … not ok

USB storage not accessilbe after deep standby ... not ok

Double info OSD when switching favorites via DISCOVER … not ok

Guide channel list always reverting from favorites to full ... not ok

SideView app remote empty app list … not ok (reinstalling the app fixes issue)

The TV doesn't start the update automatically when plugging in the USB pen drive (tested with FAT32 and NTFS). Only Marshmallow's "open with" screen is shown. Only a complete reboot of the TV (power cycle or long power button press) with USB pen drive plugged in made the update start.

The update reverts the digital audio output option to PCM. In order to enable Dolby Passthrough, it might be necessary to set it to one of the auto options again.

Some of my USB pen drives, which worked properly under Lollipop, cannot be accessed under Marshmallow anymore. These are detected as SMI within Android's storage manager.

The Grand Tour on Amazon Video in 4K with Dolby Passthrough suddenly works much better for me. Amazon Video app is still the same version though (4.1.70). But the problem is not completely gone for me. Audio still slowly drifts off. But a single video frame glitch every few seconds seems to resync audio.

For further issues check out my bug tracker.

31 REPLIES 31
AdmiralProton
Explorer

Hi all,

My 65W855c updated via USB without any difficulty, however the main issue I was hoping would get sorted has visibly not been even looked at. It's impossible to use this TV connected to an AV amp that has two hdmi-out ports (if both are used, of course). I have a projector connected to my sub-hdmi out, and using the projector when the TV is off (which is kind of the way it needs to be or that defeats the idea, really) is impossible. The TV (even though it's on stand-by) seems to interfere with the amp or whatever -likely through some stupid handshake or something) and causes regular drop outs (both picture and sound). Turn the tv back on and you get no more drop outs. Remove the tv from the equation and you get no more drop outs. Replace the tv with a tv from a different manufacturer or even a 5 year old Sony set, and you get no drop outs... The TV even causes the PS VR headgear to have drop outs if the TV is turned off when using the PSVR (the PSVR is plugged into the PS4 and the PS4 is plugged into the amp).

What ****?!?? Who on Earth designed those TVs?!?  😞

profile.country.FI.title
jope35
Explorer

edit: Factory reset did the trick, no more restarts after latest firmware update