Join now - be part of our community!

X90J internal memory

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
joepineapples901
Explorer

X90J internal memory

Is it possible to expand the internal storage with a memory stick?. Need more space for apps (already deleted the demo content)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
4 REPLIES 4
Piscie
Community Team

Hello Joe! I'm afraid this isn't possible! Yet you can connect a USB Firestick which includes extra apps already.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

profile.country.GB.title
Classiccarman
Explorer

Yes, you can plug a USB Flash drive into the HDD record socket on the back of the set or the USB socket on the side. You will then get a message recognising the Flash memory and then an option to Format it for use as storage.

profile.country.GB.title
llima27

Hi all,

I've configured an external USB stick successfully and have apps installed. It was originally in the black port but after reading this and other posts on the internet I moved it to the blue port without the need to reconfigure it. I must say I don't think it made any difference!

In any case, despite working mostly well, I've noticed that apps installed in the external storage are always moved to the end of the list of apps after I turn off the TV after more than a few minutes. My hypothesis is that once the TV is off, it cuts power to the USB socket after a few minutes and the USB stick 'disappears' for Google TV, which is still running in the background. At this point the apps vanish. Once the TV is turned back on and the USB socket gets its power back, the USB stick 'appears' for Google TV, the apps come back, but are placed at the end of the grid.

Anyone else with the same behaviour? I am able to reproduce the above: if I move one of the wandering apps to internal memory it stays put but if I move it back to external memory it goes to the end of the grid again when I turn off the TV.

Incidentally, once and only once I had another issue which was that the apps installed in the USB stick would not work at all. The only way to bring them back to live was to reinstall them. Forcing stop, clearing cache, clearing everything or restarting was not sufficient. Has anyone seen this at all?

Many thanks,

Luiz