Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth pairing

Frank31
New

Bluetooth pairing

Just bought Sony Personal Audio System CMT - X3CD and Kitsound wireless headphones. Went through the pairing instructions. The Bluetooth light flashed and the word PAIRING appeared in the display but nothing else happened. The instructions say that a list of compatible devices may appear - but no. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Surava
New

After the pairing screen shows, press again the 'Select' button on your TV handset and then a 'select' screen will appear.

Frank31
New

Unfortunately, the suggested solution did not work. Pressing the select button had no effect. The word PAIRING in the display continued to flash. I tried every other button on the remote also - no select screen appeared. Also note that it is an audio system not a TV - I don't know whether this makes any difference? But thank you for your efforts. Frank31 Sent from my iPad
Surava
New

Sorry about that.

Are you pressing the centre key that looks like a computer return arrow key ?

On our sound screen > bluetooth> pairing> , it brings up a small screen with 'connect' highlighted to which I simply press select arrow again, switch on the headphones and the Bluetooth is connected.

I am on the 'TV' setting, having switched from 'HDMi' to do this operation.  After completing this, on our tv, I have to return to the 'additiional settings' page in order to restore the TV sound, and press on the multi sound line so that is changes from 'off' to 'on'.  Unfortunately, the connection is cancelled when the tv is switched off but, when re-connecting, practice makes perfect.

One other thing I have changed on the 'tv' sound menu is to amplify the tv sound so that the headphones are loud enough to make a difference to my old ears.

Surava
New

Sorry, just read your reply again.  I am obviously barking up the wrong tree.

It appears to be the initial pairing action that is not happening, rather than the actual connecting.

Apologies for wasting your time.. 

Frank31
New

Thanks for trying Surava. Best wishes, Frank31 Sent from my iPad