Join now - be part of our community!

CT260H - Hiss coming from Speakers

profile.country.GB.title
andyodell
Explorer

CT260H - Hiss coming from Speakers

The CT260H is new.  I have been getting help from these forums for it which has been great.

One thing that is still happening though is there is a hiss coming from the speakers, this happens on all inputs.

It is not loud, but I can hear it and it is enought to annoy me that it is there.

I thought it could be the cable box but it happens on the blu ray too.  Could this be the HDMI leads or perhaps somthing is wrong with the system and I should contact Sony?

Thank you for any help and guidence.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I cannot remember from our conversations, but have you connected the optical cable - to rule out or confirm that its a HDMI issue.

Unplug all HDMI cables, and plug in the Optical cable from TV to soundbar - then output sound externally on TV.

My money is on : electrical interference on HDMI cable

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
andyodell
Explorer

Hi

I disconnected the HDMI (ARC) and had the audio coming from the optical and the hiss was still there.

It is faint but on some channels or where perhaps there is less background noise you can hear it a lot more, turning it up I think only increases the hiss.

It could be my ears but it sounds to me like it is louder on the right speaker, the TV audio out should be central, I dont think you can adjust this anyway when a speaker system is connected.

Andy

smk123
Explorer

I know your post is from months ago but I have also noticed this at low volumes (10 or below) and it is really annoying at night when I have to keep things at lower volume, contacted Sony now and I hope they have either a solution or offer a refund because it's brand new and I've tried various cables etc.

dragonlad
Explorer

hi

i too can hear a high pitched  hissing from the right hand speaker of the bar when the volume is right down, just one volume point up from muted.

i also have the issue of the speaker 'popping' noise each time i change channel or even the split second of silence between the tv adverts. as if the speakers shut down as theres nothing to project for that split second of silence, then 'pop' as they re-energise / come back to life for the next advert sound.

any ideas??

would be a great help as it is really annoying😖