Join now - be part of our community!

Humax Freesat box and Sony KDL-40WE663 Freeview HD channels clashing

profile.country.GB.title
ukmexicano
Explorer

Humax Freesat box and Sony KDL-40WE663 Freeview HD channels clashing

I have a Humax STB HDR-1100S with Freesat and a Sony KDL-40WE663 with Freeview HD

Can someone confirm that if I have the STB switched on you can't switch to the TV and watch the HD channels.

I have to turn off the Humax box before I can watch the HD channels on Freeview.

Or am I doing something wrong with the setup on either of them?

Thanks for any assist.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

On the top left of the Sony remote control is the input selector button, when pressed you should see menu on the top left of your TV screen where you can select between Digital (your TV) and the HDMI inputs to which your Humax is plugged into. So if you are watching the Humax, just press the Input selector button on the TV remote, select Digital and you are now watching channels through your TVs tuner. I take it your TV is also connected to a terrestrial 

TV aerial.

profile.country.GB.title
ukmexicano
Explorer

Hi davey,

I know how to access the digital channels but what I meant was that I couldn't access the HD channels, the standard channels I could get.

I did a full reset and then pulled the aerial from the tv and did a full channel search which cleared all the channels and then I plugged the aerial back in and did the search again and there were my HD channels back up again!!.

Thanks for the reply anyway davey.