Join now - be part of our community!

I'm in trouble with my gf as I've rescanned for channels but can't find any

SOLVED
saurabh18
New

I'm in trouble with my gf as I've rescanned for channels but can't find any

Hello there

My gf has a Sony Bravia. she lives in a block of flats and has her freeview tv connected to the wall by coaxial. A channel was asking for a rescan to work so I did that but can't find any channels.

I did it selecting Cable, it didn't find a thing. 

I tried again with Antenna and it ran for hours but the progress bar for scanning didn't move.

This area is best with Crysta Palace; I looked at Manual tuning and it said signal strength was strong for Channel 22 and 23... what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Saurabh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I think it might be worth 'blanking' the channels in this instance and retuning again.

1. Disconnect the aerial cable from the tv
  2. Do a full retune - this should wipe or 'blank' all the channels.
  3. Connect the aerial lead back again
  4. Do a full rescan

Note: Antenna is when you get your Freeview signal via an aerial (The Yanks call it Antenna).  Cable is when your get it via Sky or Virgin.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I think it might be worth 'blanking' the channels in this instance and retuning again.

1. Disconnect the aerial cable from the tv
  2. Do a full retune - this should wipe or 'blank' all the channels.
  3. Connect the aerial lead back again
  4. Do a full rescan

Note: Antenna is when you get your Freeview signal via an aerial (The Yanks call it Antenna).  Cable is when your get it via Sky or Virgin.

Cheers

saurabh18
New

thank you! I'll give that a go tonight... as long as she lets me through the door :slight_smile:

saurabh18
New

still wouldn't scan, but your 'blanking' comment resonated so I reset to factory settings and then it found all the channels 

Thanks for your help

Saurabh