Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32WE613 info banner nuisance

KDL32WE613 info banner nuisance

When using a Humax Freesat box connected to HDMI 1 as the signal source for the TV I get the info banner (a wide black stripe across the top of the screen with a few bits of information on it) every time I change channel on the Freesat box. 

On some channels, the banner appears when the program goes to adverts and also when it returns from adverts.  The banner stays for about 4-5 seconds each time and blots out the channel number display from the Freesat box - very annoying when clicking through channels. 

Other posts for different TVs suggest using the Channel Settings option on the TV to turn off the info bar.  No such setting exists on the KDL32WE613 - unless it's buried somewhere I have yet to find, but I have trawled through many, many setting screens. 

It appears to be a software omission or error not to have included an on/off option for this feature.  Any advice would be most welcome.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Paddy, and welcome to the community. 

Please have a look at the solution in this post which describes a similar issue. So please try the following: 

1. Press the [HOME] button on the remote control
  2. Scroll down to 'Settings' and press [OK]
  3. Select 'Channel Setup' and press [OK]
  4. Scroll down to 'Info banner' and press [OK]
  5. Select 'Off' and press [OK[
  6. Then return out of everything.

Hope this helps, 

Pascale_F

profile.country.GB.title
mikegruber
Explorer

I have the same problem and your solution is for android tvs.  This does not work on these tvs that are Linux.  This is and ongoing issue that SONY needs to resolve.

profile.country.GB.title
mikegruber
Explorer

ITS 2019 is SONY going to resolve this issue?  This post was over two years ago and SOny has not fixed this.  There are numerious post on these boards.

profile.country.GB.title
mikegruber
Explorer

Must have some really incompeteant peopel at SONY.  This is not a fix for these LINUX based tvs.  You are not properly trained.  This is a solution for ANDROID tvs.  FIX THIS F ISSUE?

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hello,

I've read that this is related to the different audio formats that are being outputted. In other words, when the audio format changes, this bar displays the new info. I've also seen that Android TV users can disable this option from the settings, but I don't think it's available on Linux TVs. You can just press the I button every time you want to remove the bar.

There could be another workaround but I'm not sure if this option is available, basically, if you could force your set-top box to output the same audio format, this bar shouldn't then appear.

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
mikegruber
Explorer

Problem is the audio output.