Join now - be part of our community!

Will the new Dualshock 4 work with Marchmallow

hubbobubbo

Will the new Dualshock 4 work with Marchmallow

Hi

I am planning to get a Dualshock 4 for my KD-65S8505C but I stumbled across this message from Sony:

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/134686

It says TV is not compatible with their own controller which I find amazing. The thing that is not clear to me is if this is something permanent or perhaps it will be fixed in the Marchmallow update whenever that happens.

I would like to get the right controller from the start but also avoid buying a previous version if the new one will work in the next release.

Anyone knows?

24 REPLIES 24
hubbobubbo

That is great. Do you know if you can use two controllers as well?

Still stuck on 5.1 on my tv. Hopefully marshmallow gets around before we
are on android 8 😞
antonszander
Explorer

Doesn't work for me on mm 6.0.1 and have the KD-55XD8005 tried via USB also not forking out for an old dualshock if I'm honest they are hard to get now anyway hopefully sony applies a patch for this..

hubbobubbo

I finally got the 6.0.1 update and unfortunately, the Dualshock v2 controller does not work. Neither from the Dualshock menu nor directly from the Bluetooth menu. The device is found in the regular Bluetooth menu but pairing fails.

To me, this is a breach of the advertised product features. I bought the TV with support for both PS Now and Dualshock and while I can live with not being able to play the PS3 games, not being able to use Sony's own controller is so bad that I am not sure whether to continue waiting for an update or file a complaint with the consumer service. If Sony at least said if something was in the works it would be fine but right now it seems that they have just dropped this. 

antonszander
Explorer

Aye I've gave up on sony now tbh I've had no end of problems with the current tv youtube app is awful when viewing hdmi notification popping up all the time and other things hopefully I can sell this set then going back to lg , will stick with sony for audio stuff now not anything else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I am trying to find out some more info in regards to this.  I agree with one of the replies above - the original DS4 controller will/is becomming increasingly harder to find/purchase.  So a technical solution must be found. 

If I receive something that I can post back, I will do.

Cheers

antonszander
Explorer

Sony say the new ds4 won't work only the old version and there is no plans to change this they say it's something about it not being compatible?

Which is very careless given it is a Sony tv..

hubbobubbo

Hi Quinnicus

Thanks for trying to get some info.

If it would have been a 3:rd party controller or an xbox 360 controller or whatever breaking, sure they could claim the advantages of sticking to brand accessories. However this case is the opposite, I pay a premium to stick with brand accessories and a Sony controller released late 2016 is not compatible with own brand TV's from 2015-2016 even after the 6.0.1 update released 6 months after the controller. That is simply ridiculous.

djtotti
Explorer

I have been experiencing problems with my Dualshock 4 controller (CUH-ZCT2E) since the recent Bravia firmware update to 3.865. Before the update the controller was working perfectly but now there is serious lag and unresponsiveness when buttons are pressed, making gaming impossible. Has anyone else had this problem?

hubbobubbo

I have version 3865 as well but I am not even able to pair the controller with the TV.

If you managed to do the pairing before maybe it worked in Lolipop and broke in Marchmallow but your controller maintained its connection?

Either way, it seems equally useless for you as well in the end so hopefully Sony will make this right soon.

mlear2006
Explorer

I have the exact same problem I have two dualshock 4 controllers CUH-ZCT2UE I can still connect them via Bluetooth however after about 30 seconds the become very sluggish I have tried a factory reset to see if this fixes it but I still have the same problem