Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix Update Issue - KDL-42W829B

SOLVED
munkian

Netflix Update Issue - KDL-42W829B

Hi Guys

I got a new KDL-42W829B yesterday, set it all up fine, everything working.

Today Netflix app isn't working - TV says update required, I click to get update then says no new version avaliable

its then stuck in this loop

Other online apps are fine, firmware is up to date (downloaded to USB) Tv said its same version

Reset to factory settings, still no joy

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

54 REPLIES 54
SONYNUTTER49
Explorer

Hi having the same problem everytime i select netflix it says update but its says no newer version detected.

PPCCPP
Explorer

I'm also having this issue - KDL-32W705B.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI all

Just to let you all know, there is very little information at this stage.  However Sony is fully aware of the issue and are investigating at this stage.

Cheers.

Jason1664
Explorer

I also have this problem, started today, I have kdl50w829b
boomball
Explorer

Same problem here - contacted Sony over the phone - who said they would e-mail me with a list to go through - no sign of that as yet - and I don't hold out a lot of hope - looks like the last "fix" has broken something else

athletecured
Explorer

Same here KDL-W42705B.

harleyteapot
Explorer

I also have the KDL-42W829B and netflix was working fine yesterday but is coming up with the update message today. I have checked and I do have the latest update which is why it can't find it - very frustrating when you're paying for a service you cannot use!

Jason1664
Explorer

Does anyone know how long these issues usually take to resolve
ananduf
Explorer

Same issue TV model 55W950B, repoted to sony this morning, they said they will get back to me in next 24 hours..

Same problem on the KDL-50w829b model 😞