Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix Update Issue - KDL-42W829B

SOLVED
munkian

Netflix Update Issue - KDL-42W829B

Hi Guys

I got a new KDL-42W829B yesterday, set it all up fine, everything working.

Today Netflix app isn't working - TV says update required, I click to get update then says no new version avaliable

its then stuck in this loop

Other online apps are fine, firmware is up to date (downloaded to USB) Tv said its same version

Reset to factory settings, still no joy

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

54 REPLIES 54
boomball
Explorer

Yup - back working here too - thanks to all who responded to the issue.
jah616
Explorer

Thanks Sony/Netflix for fixing this so quickly. :slight_smile:

nuttyspark
Explorer

My Netflix works fine if I go through the app but the dedicated button on the remote just turns the screen blank. The only way to get out of this is to turn the tv off! This has only happened since the last update!

I called Netflix because it keeps shutting down on my TV.  They told me I had to contact SONY to get the Netflix Software updated.  I called SONY and they told me to contact community.sony.

Please tell me how to update the software because netflix keeps stopping and reloading and sometimes my TV shuts off all together.

Thank you.

profile.country.GB.title
Sanderspace
New

Hi. I have a sony bravia smart tv. It's been in a box for a while because I moved. I am not able to connect to Netflix. I'm getting failed connection. My internet seems to be connected YouTube works and other features. Can you help me please there are no updates for my TV.