Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix Update Issue - KDL-42W829B

SOLVED
munkian

Netflix Update Issue - KDL-42W829B

Hi Guys

I got a new KDL-42W829B yesterday, set it all up fine, everything working.

Today Netflix app isn't working - TV says update required, I click to get update then says no new version avaliable

its then stuck in this loop

Other online apps are fine, firmware is up to date (downloaded to USB) Tv said its same version

Reset to factory settings, still no joy

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

54 REPLIES 54
boomball
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus Not having a go at you at all - and I'm not really that annoyed - as I said it works fine on the Blueray attached to the TV - so I'm able to watch anyway - but it's clearly a TV issue, and I'm pretty sure the last update did fix the Netflix issues with the Sony TV's - so the math is pretty clear But I see the boffins are workin' away - so it should be fixed soon
classic9
New

I am facing the same problem on my W955BBU

nstevens68
Explorer

Same problem on my KDL-42W706B come on sony sort this out.. I am having to go back to my apple TV and i hope that gives you a problem in terms of the image you want to promote

profile.country.DK.title
Reerso
Explorer

Here is a response from netflix: Netflix Sauna

We have been getting reports of issues this Sony TVs and so our engineers have been made aware that some customers using Sony televisions are being prompted to perform an update when launching the Netflix app, but then it fails to load. Our engineering are working hard at resolving this issue right now as well
vblease
Explorer

FYI - It's now working for us. There was a message prompting to reactivate Netflix, all worked as normal after that.

profile.country.DK.title
Reerso
Explorer

It works here too 🙂

andrekrit
Explorer

Working again :smileyhappy:. Did not have to reactivate or anything.

teefy-uk
Explorer

Likewise - working here, no reactivation. Yay! Thanks Sony/Netflix :slight_smile:

Wuuhuu! Works for me too!

Cainer
Explorer

Well done Sony and Netflix for getting onto this and fixing it quickly.

Thanks.