Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43X8305C 2015 Android TV keeps rebooting

Phil_A
New

KD-43X8305C 2015 Android TV keeps rebooting

Hi,

Before I throw it back at Sony on Monday, has anyone had an issue with their 2015 4k Bravia Android TV continously rebooting? It's basically useless at the moment and stuck on one channel, reboots every few minutes without me even touching anything.

• Latest firmware was updated a few weeks ago, problem has only just started happening
  • Can't seem to get factory reset to work (up arrow on remote, standby/power button on back of TV)
  • Can't get into the menus without crashing to check for firmware update or do factory reset via menu.

Any suggestions?

Phil

44 REPLIES 44
Flagman56
New

Same problem with my 43X8305C  turned itself on while I was out and now loops power on four circles gets the Android and then screen showing input in topleft then shutsdown and after a while powers up again tried every so called solution I could find nothing works.

Convinced it's a failed update and should be any easy fix but informed it may need a new motherboards at up £200 + vat etc, Sony should be fixing this less than two years old,  Sony used to be the best will never buy anything Sony again. I  had a Panasonic  plasma that is still as good as new over 10 years old now.

As anyone done a warranty check? tried with mine said it expired in April 2016, it wasn't built till 2016 week 10, so warranty expired 8 months before I bought it as it so as it left the factory?

profile.country.GB.title
pascotn
Explorer

If Sony’s software updates are causing mainboard failure, then Sony should be repairing free of charge, irrespective of warranty.

I have lost all respect for this company and its products.

profile.country.IE.title
Mitchs106
Explorer

If you are still unablr to get the information out of sony the next step is to.........Send it back.......you paid a lot for it and it should be perfect to use.

Speak to them before dragging it into where you purchasers it and only speak to a manager and make sure they are taking yours back and hopefully reparinng it or replacing it With a new one. Don't forget to (Look up your purchasing righs and returning rights) 

I hope you get resolve from this

Let me know how you get on

M ☺

profile.country.IE.title
Mitchs106
Explorer

@Phil_A wrote:

Hi,

Before I throw it back at Sony on Monday, has anyone had an issue with their 2015 4k Bravia Android TV continously rebooting? It's basically useless at the moment and stuck on one channel, reboots every few minutes without me even touching anything.

• Latest firmware was updated a few weeks ago, problem has only just started happening
  • Can't seem to get factory reset to work (up arrow on remote, standby/power button on back of TV)
  • Can't get into the menus without crashing to check for firmware update or do factory reset via menu.

Any suggestions?

Phil

Hi Phil 
If you are still unablr to get the information out of sony the next step is to.........Send it back.......you paid a lot for it and it should be perfect to use.

Speak to them before dragging it into where you purchasers it and only speak to a manager and make sure they are taking yours back and hopefully reparinng it or replacing it With a new one. Don't forget to (Look up your purchasing righs and returning rights) 

I hope you get resolve from this

Let me know how you get on

M ☺

profile.country.GB.title
A-allen7
Explorer

I have the same model KD-49X8309C bought in July 2016 and as from the 29th Dec 2018 my tv is doing the exact thing doing reboots and having the colour gogs go round and then re starts,I’m gutted as I e no mo eh to replace or have it repaired yet that’s if it can be repaired,I’m annoyed that I’ve had it only 2 and half yrs 

profile.country.GB.title
liamcgra3
New

I have the same issue.  Does anyone know how to do the factory reset without the remote?  Mine won’t even boot up at all.

profile.country.GB.title
dariodigiuni
New

was there ever a conclusion? same problem

profile.country.GB.title
pascotn
Explorer

Not a sniff that I know of

Apparently, the only fix is a new main board after a Sony software update seems to have caused the failure

Sony have taken the money, and abandoned their customers by refusing to help

What a wonderful company

NOT GETTING ANOTHER PENNY OFF ME

profile.country.GB.title
Karlisana
Explorer

Same model tv as the thread, I was experiencing the same type of problem but my tv kept switching itself back on after being switched off. Eventually found trawling the web that Netflix and other streaming services were suspected of causing the problem. Apparently if you exit from Netflix or other streaming services without signing out off the app through the official sign out method then search signals are sent to your streaming device router looking for you. Apparently this wakes up the TVs from standby mode and Switches on the Tv. Maybe checking your tv set up for this suggested solution may help. Also check you have switched off the TVs Bluetooth search function as this also can affect tv input signals.

profile.country.GB.title
kenthomson

Same problem started randomly tonight. The problem is well known to Sony, it has a procedure listed on it’s support site (https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00171297). I’ve tried the procedure several times now without success. Will call Sony support when I can, disappointed customer at the moment 😕