Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43X8305C 2015 Android TV keeps rebooting

Phil_A
New

KD-43X8305C 2015 Android TV keeps rebooting

Hi,

Before I throw it back at Sony on Monday, has anyone had an issue with their 2015 4k Bravia Android TV continously rebooting? It's basically useless at the moment and stuck on one channel, reboots every few minutes without me even touching anything.

• Latest firmware was updated a few weeks ago, problem has only just started happening
  • Can't seem to get factory reset to work (up arrow on remote, standby/power button on back of TV)
  • Can't get into the menus without crashing to check for firmware update or do factory reset via menu.

Any suggestions?

Phil

44 REPLIES 44
profile.country.GB.title
camberken
New

This happened to me just over two weeks ago.

I tried the steps listed in the link above. https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00171297

Once I get the green LED and let go, it just restarts and doesn't get any further.

I've been on the phone to Sony and they're telling me it needs an engineer to look at it.

I'm completely underwhelmed by this response, because the service center for £35 to just look at it. Someone else mentioned a £200 motherboard needing changing, which frankly is ridiculous for what absolutely looks like a failed update. I've also got the 49 inch model of this same TV so now I'm worried that its going to go bandy on that one too.

profile.country.GB.title
tomwilli4
New

I have the same model TV and the same happened to me last week W/C 30/09/19. TV is only 2 years old so this is very disappointing. I called Sony, and they told me nothing they can do and that i'll have to take it to a service centre for repair at my cost. Has anyone had any better luck with Sony? Appears to be a model fault or software update issue reading this.

profile.country.GB.title
elko69
Explorer

Bump any solution? I have the same problem with my Bravia. Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Chrishorn1987
Explorer

Does anyone have any solution or good news regarding this issue? My 2016 Bravia has just started doing the same thing today and a reset etc has not made any difference. Surely 3 years is no the lifecycle of a tv?

profile.country.GB.title
liamcgra3
New

Nope, bought a new tv in the end

Regards

Liam
profile.country.GB.title
Chrishorn1987
Explorer

Did you get a quote for repair? 

profile.country.GB.title
liamcgra3
New

Afraid not

Regards

Liam
profile.country.GB.title
LANKYSIME
Explorer

• ZeeGuys I have had the same problem today been at it over 2 hours ...the problem has been intermittent over the last couple of week but today nonstop I  followed the link with the reset instructions but my TV kept shutting down giving me the startup logo I have managed to do the setup process using a usb keyboard instead of the remote TV seemed to work for over 30 mins but started again   check all remote batteries🤣🙈
profile.country.GB.title
LANKYSIME
Explorer

Guys I have had the TV running now several hours constantly on Netflix and YouTube .... I am really starting to think it is a remote battery issue I have taken the official Sony remote out of the room and removed batteries and like I say the TV has been responding perfectly with the usb keyboard ... I have just switched the unit to local TV stations and testing it will report back in a while ...hope this helps sounds silly just being the remote but honestly it is working for me so far

profile.country.GB.title
Chrishorn1987
Explorer

Problem solved for us with a new TV courtesy of Sony. May have involved a bit of complaining.

Sent from my iPhone