Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43X8305C 2015 Android TV keeps rebooting

Phil_A
New

KD-43X8305C 2015 Android TV keeps rebooting

Hi,

Before I throw it back at Sony on Monday, has anyone had an issue with their 2015 4k Bravia Android TV continously rebooting? It's basically useless at the moment and stuck on one channel, reboots every few minutes without me even touching anything.

• Latest firmware was updated a few weeks ago, problem has only just started happening
  • Can't seem to get factory reset to work (up arrow on remote, standby/power button on back of TV)
  • Can't get into the menus without crashing to check for firmware update or do factory reset via menu.

Any suggestions?

Phil

44 REPLIES 44
profile.country.GB.title
Dazrise3

Update on the issue. I found last night that the sounds stops for 2-3 minutes then reboots. So annoying when in the middle of something. 

profile.country.NL.title
ivsivris
Explorer

Hello guys,

I was wondering, did someone find out a solution? My tv, the same as in this topic, is lately rebooting quite frequently. I am still within warranty, so I'd like to know wether or not this is hardware faillure or something else...

profile.country.GB.title
maguilf
Explorer

Mine had the same problem earlier this year - it's a known issue - Sony sent a replacement

garytgary
New

Unfortunately folks gone are the days that you just turn things on and they just work ! ( if they didnt work you knew it was broken ) tech companies are of the opinion that we want to spend all of our time updating & generally sorting out their mess !

Sad state of affairs but the only thing in my house that I can guarantee to turn on and be ready a waiting for me nowdays is the Toaster ! lol ok maybe the tap & the toilet ! ( the rest of my life seems to be consumed with updates & experiencing technical difficulties ) ... 

Remember that all of the technical advancements are here to improve our lives ( Not ) .. even our cars are hacked and stolen now !!!!

garytgary
New

Yes folks you can guess that my KDL android tv re boots on a regular basis ( 4 times in the space of half an hour yesterday Lol (rant over) !!!

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Gary,

You talk about how reliable your toaster and toilet are, but forgot to mention the model of your TV. I suppose it is the same as in the thread title (KD-43X8305C). So try this as a first approach:

Go to Settings > Samba Interactive > Disable 

Then go to Settings > Apps > Samba Service Manager > Clear Data and select Disable.

Restart the TV by holding the power button for 6 seconds. Let's wait and see if things will keep working as expected. Keep us posted Gary!

Hi, my KD-43X8305C has just started doing this. It doesn’t stay on for more than a few minutes without turning off and on again, and seems to do this instantly if I try to put Netflix on. 

My TV was bought in December 2015. If this is a known problem will Sony help out  or does anyone have a solution?

profile.country.GB.title
pascotn
Explorer

My Sony KD-43X8309C has just started with this same fault.

It started with random restarts, always going on to Travel channel, TV guide was intermittent.

Tried a few times to do a factory reset, got the green led, restarted once, not twice as per instructions, went straight on to Travel Channel. It should have gone to initial setup.

It also did random restarts during the night and turned itself on.

Now, as of 1st December 2018, it is just constantly trying to reboot itself. It never gets past the coloured circles before it switches of then restarts again. Does this over and over and over and over again.

It has totally put me off Sony TV’s, I will not be buying another as I expect more than two years life out of a TV.

wyrmmmm
New

I have a different model same problem. This was my first and last Sony TV. Been in the phone all day with them. Just so they could tell me i was screwed.

profile.country.GB.title
pascotn
Explorer

I received a totally unhelpful email from Sony, asking for all the information that I had just given them, plus some more, useless information, besides.

As a result, Sony have just lost a good customer.

I have just been to Richer Sounds and bought another 43” 4K tv of a different make. The new tv is even HDR.

It was half the price of the Sony, has a 6 year warranty (not the poxy 1 year warranty that the Sony had) and is superior to the Sony in every way.

The fact that they only give their TV’s a 1 year warranty, says to me that they do not have much faith in their products.

I was going to buy a Sony PlayStation 4 for Christmas - not any more. 

My business will go to companies who care about their customers in future.